Tuesday 8 September 2015

Seven Years War Austrian

Hungarian Regimental flag

Hungarian Colonel's Colour

Due to personal circumstances it's been a while since I posted anything on here however here's the beginnings of my SYW flags that will eventually cover the Austrian's and Russians. at the outset of the war the Austrian flags appear to have several variations on a basic theme and as the war progressed the flags became pretty standardised. I'll be focusing on the earlier flags as there's more variety. The figures in the pics are by Front Rank however my armies will be in 15mm and I just need to decide whether to go for Eureka or Blue Moon. There'll be more WOR and Burgundian's soon and the Landsknecht flags are getting a revamp.

cheers Pete

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work Pete - the heraldic crests are just amazing in detail! Can't wait to add these to my collection of Minden Minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Soren, I'll have 6 flags done by the end of the week , what size do you want them ? The one's in the pics are 34mm,

      Pete

      Delete
  2. Lovely flags and artwork. I will be sending you an order to use with my Minden figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I was wanting to use Minden Miniatures for my SYW Austrians but couldn't persuade the lads I game with to make the move to 28mm. Nevertheless I'll probably buy some just to paint up and use to showcase the flags.

      Pete

      Delete
  3. Outstanding work Pete- they look marvelous!

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening Pete,
    The pair look spot on. The one you showed me on Saturday was also first rate. I have located a book on the Reicharmee, which is also full of the Russian standards. Let me know if you want a borrow of it, and Ill send you the book.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie, I'd appreciate the loan of the book, do you want me to send you my address? Also do you are any of your contacts have any links to or information on which version of Charles VI's heraldry would have been carried on his flags as he appears to have had several version's.

      cheers Pete

      Delete
  5. Stunning flags. Are these available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jonathan, thanks for the comment on the flags; they will be up for sale soon, cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete