Friday 3 December 2021

28mm Renaissance Scottish wargames Miniatures available


The first release of the PetesFlags Scottish 16th century range is now available. The packs are £7.50 each and come with shields and include a free set of polarms for all open handed figures (the command comes with a random pair of shields and polearms taken from the four picyured). Currently I can only sell internationally via ebay and have  listed two unit builder deals at a discounted price to allow overseas customers to get satrted on their collections. The deals are also available for UK customers too.

The link to the 28 figure deal can be viewed here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265431278281?hash=item3dccefe2c9:g:cwIAAOSwvZ9hp5bx

and the link to the 16 figure deal can be viewed here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265431278281?hash=item3dccefe2c9:g:cwIAAOSwvZ9hp5bx


Thje miniatures are sculpted by the talented Nick Collier. The figures are in 28mm scale and represent Scottish Lowland pikemen from the early to mid 16th century. They can also be used for dismounted borderers. 

Scots Command 1

Scots Pike 1

Scots Pike 2

Scots Pike 3

Scottish Shields 

Scottish Polearms 

 

11 comments:

  1. They look great - a friend suggested them to me as I have Border Reivers collection and lot of the figures are TAG which I think are also sculpted by Nick Collier? Unfortunately, the combination of postage and pre paying GST (VAT) that the NZ Customs ignore on orders under £100 would result in the figures costing about £5 each! And I dont really need any more Reiver figures anyway - what was supposed to be a family of 10-20 figures is now a collection of 70+! I wish you well though - they are very nice figures and would be great if buying in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, The same thing happened with me and teh Empress vietnam range was planning on 12 a side and now have over 200. If you're willing to take the chance on not being charged VAT or customs at your end. I can send the figures direct. The at cost postage from the UK to NZ for the 28 figure package is £15. Contact me on petesflags@yahoo.com if you're interested, cheers Pete

      Delete
    2. Hey thanks for the offer Pete I do appreciate it and may very well take you up on it in 2022. Currently I have six orders outstanding, two from the US and four from UK...and with Chritmas AND Covid interfering with international freight, I am not risking any more till the silly season is past!

      Delete
  2. Hi Pete, Thank you for starting this range of miniatures. After reading The Battle of Linlithgow Bridge 1526 which I had on my library shelf for many years I thought this would make a lovely toy soldier affair. I would use Mike Wall ECW Rules adapted for this period although I would need a lot more command miniatures for each small pike/polearm unit. I don't mind purchasing through e-bay, but can you address command packs that can be bought in addition to the listings? I live in Australia. Look forward in hearing from you.

    Cheers,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, i've just orderd the Linlithgow book following a reccomendation that it's good. If you'd like more command packs I can cahange the composition of the unit builders to include more. Just let me know, cheers Pete

      Delete
    2. Thank you Pete. I would recommend the book as well. What I will do is order two 28 miniature collections and wait for your release of the firearms and second command pack when available. Thank you for your reply.

      Cheers,
      Helen

      Delete
  3. thanks Helen, i'll add some pics of teh new sculpts as they arrive, cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pete very much. Look forward to seeing them.

      Cheers,
      Helen

      Delete
    2. Hi Pete, Thank you for the parcel which arrived safely today. Lovely miniatures and I love the Scottish Highland Chief as a bonus miniature. I'm looking forward to painting him up in particular.

      Happy New Year and I look forward to your future releases.

      Cheers,
      Helen

      Delete