Tuesday 16 September 2014

Yorkist Flags King Edward IV

Here's my representation of a a couple of flags representing Edward Plantagenet, the first is as Earl of March and the second is him as king of England. I've got no idea if these were carried alongside each other however medieval nobility appear to have collected badges/titles etc as they went along so I'm guessing they could have been.  I'm not sure which Yorkist noble to do next so any suggestions would be welcome, cheers and thanks for looking Pete.


9 comments:

  1. very nice! i think you may need to thin the border a little? If i remember rightly they only carried one and that was of their current title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fantastic,when will they be available to buy?Might I suggest Lord Abergavenny,The Duke of Norfolk or Lord Fauconberg The Earl of Kent.
    Rob T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete,
    I didnt think it possible but your flags just get better and better.
    Thanks Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete, you must stop outdoing yourself, this is literally a visual "pleasure overload"! Those lions are masterfully done! Will these be available for purchase in your webshop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a second vote for fauconberg. Having banners for Warwick and hastings would be great too!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments on these flags; I'll be putting them up on ebay in a bit as I've got a lot of work to do on the shop and I keep getting put off by all things shiny. I'm planning on Norfolk next then Fauconberg, Warwick, Hastings, Richard III and Clarence will all be after that.

    cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - they just keep getting better & better. I know of no better medieval flags on the market!!

    ReplyDelete